Monday, January 16, 2012

Gary has a Blog

I've never tried to blog before. At times I seem to have a lot to say, but when it comes time to write it down I wonder if it is of interest to anyone besides me. 


I trust something will appear in this space. Probably not regularly, more likely when the mood strikes, when I have something to say, when I'm peeved, when I'm in inspired. I hope that is often.


So, to kick it off... 



Last weekend I was cross-country skiing at Mazama. Despite my concerns there wouldn't be enough snow (and hence my backpack full of books to read), the conditions were good, as always. 


I was there with a group of people I go to Mazama with every January. I guess I don't really go with them - it's more like I meet them there. The members of the group vary a bit from year to year, but it's always a good group of people. I only see most of them on this annual trip, but it's always good to see them again. 


Weather was decent - gray on Saturday, a bit of sun on Sunday, and blue skies on Monday (the day we left for home). Temperatures were in the 20's. A little snow still on the trees in most places. Trails were well-groomed with excellent snow, and not many people on them. 


Kind of perfect. 




Gary




No comments:

Post a Comment